Tuesday 17 January 2012

The message : create


A saying dating from the early 19th century seems to travel through time, adapting itself to these modern days. If I was to type it on a thing called "a computer" it would translate as Ctrl C then Ctrl V in other words copy-paste. Losing that lingo, this proverbial expression brings to shame those who copied but had compassion. Those without remorse of such act, their hearts and minds hardens out of ego. The saying shouts: "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

When duplicated; instead of a blush, my facial expressions are caught in a melange of shock and unbelief, a glimpse of my state of mind and inside is a rather complicated feeling stirring. Emotions, difficult to decipher and challenging to construe in a simple explanation.

We can never "get it right", it is part of what makes us humans. Accept your flaws, work in strange ways and even on another ground if you may BUT speak in words, in creations and with ideas of your own. So when your hands will hold the blueprints of your masterpiece, you will find assurance in a work that is one of a kind, your pride.

When imitated, in the midst of my confusion, I am left with two predilections: to lock myself in acknowledgement or burst out in disagreement. At times, I find comfort in knowing that I was the sole and initial author, that happens only once in a while.



I have spoken my thoughts

Lytchee

x

Photo: by Lytchee